At a Glance
What: An interactive online guide that teaches motivated individuals and teams how to apply evidence-based strategies to address obesity prevention in their community by engaging primary care, public health and community leaders in this work.
Where: Online (self-paced)
Cost: None (free)
The Collaborative Action Now to Defeat Obesity (CAN DO) Playbook helps primary care, public health and community leaders work together at a local level to defeat obesity. Through interactive exercises, the CAN DO Playbook teaches proven, field-tested improvement strategies for the many settings that influence health, including schools, clinics, hospitals and communities. Plus, an online community connected to the Playbook lets participants share ideas, get help and network with others passionate about improving their community’s health.
The CAN DO Playbook lets you:
- Discover best practices to address obesity prevention across primary care, public health and community agencies.
- Connect with other motivated professionals and change experts making improvements in their communities through an online community.
Take Action and share the tools you’re using to create national momentum for obesity prevention.
What You Will Learn
The Playbook offers Six Strategies for Change preceded by an Introduction to Quality Improvement and capped with a section on Sustainability and Spread. Learn how to:
- Form an effective team and make a clear plan
- Create a consistent message
- Develop a system for assessing weight status and health behaviors
- Deploy a customized healthy weight plan for all individuals
- Align resources to build the capacity of your community
- Influence polices that enable exercise and healthy eating
The content is not intended to be completed in one sitting, but rather serves as a guide for your team throughout your work. Come back as often as you’d like, for as long as you’d like and start wherever you’d like.
Get Started Today
Please join us in tipping the scales on this public health priority in the right direction. Regardless if you are an individual or a team, already working on a project to reduce obesity in your community or just getting started, come explore the CAN DO Playbook, join the discussion in the online community and start having an impact on obesity prevention today. Visit NICHQ's online learning center today!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How long does it take to complete this guide?
The course contains approximately 4-5 hours worth of content.
2. Do I need to complete the guide in one sitting?
No, you do not need to complete the guide in one sitting. Your progress will be saved if you exit and start again.
3. How long will I have access to the guide?
For as long as you want. Once you enroll, your access will never expire.
4. Do I need to be a healthcare professional to use this guide?
No. The CAN DO Playbook is designed for people working in primary care, public health and/or community organizations.
Still have questions? Contact email@example.com!