Toolkit for Providers Serving Children with Epilepsy
Use a Seizure Log to Document Seizure Frequency
What We Learned
• Families sometimes have difficulty recalling seizure frequency, especially when children are having multiple seizures.
What We Did
• Used a seizure log that families could complete between visits to track seizure activity. For an example of a seizure log click here.
Questions for My Practice
• Do we provide seizure logs for families to compete?
• Do we ask to see the logs when families attend for follow-up visits?
• Are seizure logs shared between families, PCPs, and specialists?
Changes to Try in My Practice
• Provide seizure logs for families of children with epilepsy
• Review the logs at each visit.
• Monitor whether families complete the logs, and find them useful.
< Previous Tip Next Tip >