Toolkit for Providers Serving Children with Epilepsy
Inform Families about Other Epilepsy Family Toolkits
What We Learned
• During the ISC Collaborative, we worked with a number of tools and tips that providers could try in their practices to determine if they helped with the quality of care they were able to deliver.
• Families may be unaware of the availability of tools and tips that could contribute to more productive office visits.
What We Did
• In addition to this provider toolkit, we created an epilepsy family toolkit.
• A number of other organizations also have excellent family toolkits such as the Epilepsy Foundation.
Questions for My Practice
• Are we informing families if children with epilepsy about valuable web-based toolkits, with practical tips and tools that they could use?
Changes to Try in My Practice
• Inform families of the existence of web-based toolkits.
• Ask families if they find the tools and tips available useful.
• Identify some measures for whether families find the tools useful e.g. arriving at each visit with completed tools.
< Previous Tip Next Tip >