Career Opportunity: Project Manager
The National Institute for Children’s Health Quality (NICHQ) is a mission-driven nonprofit dedicated to driving dramatic and sustainable improvements in the complex issues facing children’s health. We provide deep expertise in building and managing effective change strategies that align partners and engage participants to achieve better outcomes for children’s health. At the heart of what motivates us is the belief that children and families deserve better systems and supports so that every child achieves their optimal health. Because of this belief, addressing social determinants of health, eliminating health disparities, and achieving equity are central to our mission. We believe that by creating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, we will similarly foster greater strength and resilience within and beyond the organization.
NICHQ is currently recruiting an energetic, organized Project Manager with at least 2-4 years of project management experience to be responsible for the day-to-day interaction and management of specific activities within a project or multiple projects.
Salary: Commensurate with salary and experience
Career Level: Experienced
Status: Full-Time, Employee
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred, Master’s degree preferred; or relevant experience in Public Health or related field strongly preferred
- Builds and manages project plans
- Drives and manages day-to-day project tasks, and specific deliverables
- Ensures project is on track to meet deadlines and within scope
- Elevates any concerns regarding scope, timelines, or deliverables to project leadership
- Demonstrates ability to influence, manage, and drive teams/individuals/project toward success
- Demonstrates understanding of quality improvement and the Breakthrough Series model and approach and can manage components of it with guidance
- May provide day-to-day management of external customers, vendors and/or internal support departments that are contributing to the project
- Manages program staff data entry process (REDCap database) and partners with team members within the Department of Applied Research and Evaluation to ensure data integrity
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Ability to communicate sensitive information with a variety of stakeholders in a tactful manner
- Skilled multi-tasker who can prioritize, work autonomously, establish timelines and meet deadlines
- Exhibits high level of organization, time management skills, and management of numerous details for multiple projects
- Advanced problem-solving skills, ability to think quickly and implement plans/structure for accomplishing work
- Ability to learn, navigate and update information management systems
- Works well in team environment and is able to generate solutions to issues as they arise
- Highly flexible and adjustable
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving, and at times, intense environment
- Strong interest in ongoing professional development and growth
- Ability to learn, navigate and update information management systems, REDCap experience preferred
- Ability to synthesize data and produce reports in various formats including narrative written reports, graphs and charts, dashboards, etc.
- 2-4 years experience in managing projects
- Bachelor's degree preferred, Master’s preferred; or relevant experience in Public Health or related field strongly preferred
- Proficiency with office systems, computers, and MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience in or knowledge of public health, healthcare, or related systems and/or quality improvement strongly preferred
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, disability, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid earned time off and holidays, and commuter benefits.
To apply for this employment opportunity, please complete and submit an online application. If you have any trouble accessing the application form, please email [email protected]
NICHQ is committed to increasing the representation of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in our workforce and to value and embrace their skills, perspectives and experiences for the benefit of our mission. NICHQ is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.