Career Opportunity: Project Specialist
The National Institute for Children’s Health Quality (NICHQ) is a mission-driven nonprofit dedicated to driving dramatic and sustainable improvements in the complex issues facing children’s health. We provide deep expertise in building and managing effective change strategies that align partners and engage participants to achieve better outcomes for children’s health. At the heart of what motivates us is the belief that children and families deserve better systems and supports so that every child achieves their optimal health. Because of this belief, addressing social determinants of health, eliminating health disparities, and achieving equity are central to our mission. We believe that by creating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, we will similarly foster greater strength and resilience within and beyond the organization.
NICHQ is currently recruiting an energetic, detail-oriented Project Specialist with at least 1-2 years of administrative or project management experience to collaborate with multiple team members to support the activities and deliverables of a project.
Salary: Commensurate with salary and experience
Career Level: Entry Level
Status: Full-Time, Employee
Education: Bachelor's degree and or relevant experience in Public Health or related field preferred
- Coordinates project activities including administrative details, scheduling, follow-up, reminders, etc.
- Prepares agendas for and facilitates meetings, as requested, documents key decisions, and supports follow-up
- Supports development of key project documents, including reports (e.g. project reports, funder reports, board reports) and presentations
- Contributes to project planning and decision making
- Supports with TA process including, monitoring TA submissions, scheduling TA consultations, follow-up and data entry, etc.
- Serves as liaison with project stakeholders and key partners, as requested
- Assists in the development and management of project plans (e.g., schedule, deliverables, project status reports) and tracking deliverables
- Manages the coordination of in-person and virtual events, including logistics, preparation of materials, set-up, AV, and day-of coordination
- Manages and maintains online communication and data platform (CoLaboratory)
- Supports the project team and collaborates with the Marketing/Communications department on project promotion and communication
- May provide day to day management of specific deliverables and activities including those of external customers, vendors, and/or internal support departments that are contributing to the project
- Provides thorough and timely customer service and maintains the project's general email inbox
- Other duties, as assigned
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written; Ability to communicate sensitive information with a variety of stakeholders in a tactful manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, work autonomously, establish timelines and meet deadlines
- Highly organized and skilled at managing numerous details for more than one project
- Works well in a team environment and is able to generate solutions to issues as they arise
- Highly flexible and adjustable
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving, and at times, intense environment
- Strong interest in ongoing professional development and growth
- Bachelor's degree or related experience in Public Health preferred
- 1-2 years previous work experience in administration or project management
- Proficiency with office systems, computers, and MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- High level of comfort learning and using software and technology
- Experience in or knowledge of health care systems and/or quality improvement is strongly preferred
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, disability, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid earned time off and holidays, and commuter benefits.
To apply for this employment opportunity, please complete and submit an online application. If you have any trouble accessing the application form, please email [email protected]
NICHQ is committed to increasing the representation of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in our workforce and to value and embrace their skills, perspectives and experiences for the benefit of our mission. NICHQ is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.