Career Opportunity: Project Team - Tech & Data Systems Manager
The National Institute for Children’s Health Quality (NICHQ) is a mission-driven nonprofit dedicated to driving dramatic and sustainable improvements in the complex issues facing children’s health. We provide deep expertise in building and managing effective change strategies that align partners and engage participants to achieve better outcomes for children’s health. At the heart of what motivates us is the belief that children and families deserve better systems and support so that every child achieves their optimal health. Because of this belief, addressing social determinants of health, eliminating health disparities, and achieving equity are central to our mission. We believe that by creating a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, we will similarly foster greater strength and resilience within and beyond the organization.
NICHQ is currently recruiting an energetic, organized Technology & Data Systems Manager with at least 2-4 years of project management experience to be responsible for the day-to-day interaction and management of specific activities within a project or multiple projects.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Career Level: Entry to Mid-Level
Status: Full-Time, Employee
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant experience in Management Information Systems, Health Information Systems, Computer Science, Public Health, or a related field strongly preferred
- Manage the Healthy Start CAREWare data platform development and support grantee utilization (e.g., training, documentation, promotion activities)
- Support grantees with data collection and management to fulfill federal reporting requirements.
- Manage the Healthy Start EPIC website, including maintaining overall functionality, administering users, providing accessibility remediation support, and assisting with other design or enhancement efforts
- Provide support for the SHSPP project team to ensure smooth technological execution of all virtual platforms (e.g., Zoom, Qualitrics, Hubspot, WordPress) and large in-person meetings
- Initiate and maximize the project team’s use of technology, as well as provide solutions or advice regarding any anticipated issues
- Builds and manages project plans
- Drives and manages day-to-day project tasks and specific deliverables
- Ensures project is on track to meet deadlines and within scope
- Contributes to the drafting and submission of project reporting
- Elevates any concerns regarding scope, timelines, or deliverables to project leadership
- Demonstrates ability to influence, manage, and drive teams/individuals/project toward success
- May provide day-to-day management of relationships and work with federal staff, technology consultants, vendors, and/or internal support departments that are contributing to the project
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate sensitive information with a variety of stakeholders in a tactful manner
- Skilled multi-tasker who can prioritize, work autonomously, establish timelines and meet deadlines
- Exhibits a high level of organization, time management skills, and management of numerous details for multiple projects
- Advanced problem-solving skills, ability to think quickly and implement plans/structures for accomplishing work
- Ability to learn, navigate, and update information management systems
- Works well in a team environment and is able to generate solutions to issues as they arise
- Highly flexible and adjustable
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving, and at times, intense environment
- Strong interest in ongoing professional development and growth
- 2-4 years experience in managing projects
- Demonstrated understanding of relational databases
- Experience working in a content management system such as WordPress
- Experience with survey, email marketing, and constituent relationship management platforms a plus
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Writes and otherwise communicates clearly, especially in translating technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Comfort presenting to large groups using video meeting technologies
- Proficiency with office systems, computers, and MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience in or knowledge of public health, healthcare, or related systems and/or quality improvement a plus
NICHQ offers a generous benefits package for employees including competitive compensation and paid time off, medical and dental insurance, 403B retirement savings, disability, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and paid time off and holidays.
Please apply through ADP only.If you have trouble accessing the online application, please email email@example.com.
NICHQ is committed to increasing the representation of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in our workforce and to value and embrace their skills, perspectives and experiences for the benefit of our mission. NICHQ is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.