The past 20 years are a testament to people like you—nurses, doctors, educators, public health professionals, dedicated families, mission-driven foundations and government entities—our vast network of partners in improvement and advocates for change.
Here’s to you and the incredible years of change ahead!
During the past 20 years, we’ve led over 80 initiatives and reached millions of children and families. Our unique approach to improving children’s health systems gives more families access to care and coordinated services, and helps more children achieve better outcomes. Together with our partners, our work has helped the country achieve real changes in children’s health:
- National infant mortality rates decreased by 5 percent, saving hundreds of babies every year
- Over 200,000 more babies and mothers receive the life-changing benefits of breastfeeding every year
- Over 10,000 more children with sickle cell disease have access to quality care
- 95 percent of children confirmed with hearing loss nationwide referred for early intervention
- The birth of a ground-breaking partnership of early childhood development stakeholders, spanning 12 states and 28 communities
Be a Children's Health Change Agent
The challenges facing children’s health will take the combined passions, expertise and influence of many. If you’re reading this message, you are one of those influencers. Join us in our mission:
- Donate. Too many children don’t have access to the services and resources they need to stay healthy. In honor of our 20th anniversary, we’ve set our sights on raising $200,000 for change—every dollar will support NICHQ’s work to build capacity in communities where the need is great and the resources are too few.
- Sign up. Join our network of thousands of other subscribers so we can drive change in children’s health outcomes together.
- Share our message. Spread the word about our 20th Anniversary on Facebook and Twitter.
By joining together, we can have an exponentially greater impact.
What People Are Saying
Our work to improve children’s vision and eye health in the U.S. has always centered on big ideas and massive systems shifts, thus we found the process of continuous quality improvement to be an exciting new way to tackle the challenges we face in our work.
NICHQ has really supported our work by formalizing a process to do PDSA cycles, report and track how our progress is doing. As a data person, CoLab has been really instrumental in terms of gathering the data and tracking it over time.
I am so impressed by the processes that the NICHQ staff use so well to enable teams in many different locations to learn and share, to practice QI processes, to support and inspire each other. NICHQ helps busy people find time to do important and difficult work that improves clinical practice, and to sustain the changes they themselves developed. I’m lucky to have been connected to NICHQ!
For me, NICHQ is uniquely positioned to support complex, system-based efforts to improve child health and healthcare, locally and on a national scale. NICHQ helped my teams succeed by supporting collaboration, information management, and continuous learning. With NICHQ's help, the whole of our work was much greater than the sum of each of our individual efforts!
It has been an honor to work with NICHQ as a Parent Faculty member. I admire how NICHQ continues to center their work around the people directly impacted by it: families and children. They actively work to include these voices throughout project implementation, ensuring that policies remain grounded in patient experiences and feedback. The expertise and professionalism of NICHQ staff has meant that I always feel supported, and confident that all stake holders are included in the process.
I feel like I am always learning when I am exposed to NICHQ. I am actually really going to miss it when this collaborative ends!
Working with NICHQ, I have been able to assist communities all over New York State with their breastfeeding care efforts. The NICHQ staff is experienced, organized and thorough, ensuring each interpersonal interaction is maximally engaging and productive. Because of the way change efforts are organized, I find myself learning new procedural and educational techniques, and even more about my own field! Thanks to NICHQ for including me on this interesting ride.
I was very hesitant about quality improvement in the beginning but NICHQ reformed me. I have been working within our region and our state with health partners for years, but we have made more progress working with NICHQ through your learning process and collaboration than with any other group.
I'm passionate about early identification and connection to services and supports for children and families because we know acting early makes a difference. When I learned that the ECCS CoIIN leverages collaboration, innovation and quality improvement methods to improve early childhood systems, I was thrilled to get involved. There is a great focus on parent engagement too, so I was really happy to join the team and be a part of this great work.